Express Lashes Aftercare
Express lashes are three fast-turnaround lash transformations that last from one day to two weeks, for an instant hit of bold and beautiful eyes. Whatever Express treatment you choose – strips, fillers or lashes – taking good care of them will keep them looking their best for longer.
How to look after your Express lashes in the first 24/48 hours after treatment
For the first 24 hours after any Express treatment – whether that’s fillers, strips or individuals – it’s important to keep water out of contact with your eyes. And for the first 48 hours after your treatment, you should also avoid swimming, steam and saunas. It’s vital for keeping your unique style while your lashes lock into place. For express strips, it’s essential that they stay dry the whole day you wear them.
Can I get my Express lashes wet?
After the first 24 hours of wearing Express individual lashes and Express fillers you can’t get them wet. For the first two days after your Express treatment, you should avoid all steam, saunas and swimming. This is because it can take up to 48 hours for the adhesive to fully set. After that, it’s completely safe, just remember pat your lashes try with a towel or tissue and gently brush with a mascara wand.
If you choose Express strips, it’s essential to keep them dry all day.
How do I remove Express lashes?
Express lashes must be removed after 2 weeks and Express fillers must be removed after 7 days. We recommend that Express fillers and individual lash extensions are removed at home with our Lash Extension Remover.
Express strips are also designed to be removed at home at the end of the day. If they are taken care of they can be used again and again. Here’s how:
- Apply Prebiotic Eye Make-up Remover Gel for a few seconds to soften the adhesive
- Take the outer corner of each lash and gently peel the strip lash from your skin
- Use our foaming cleanser to clean the strip lashes of all make-up, including mascara
- Use tweezers or your fingers to remove any adhesive from the strip lash
- Clean the strip lashes as carefully as possible to avoid damage
- Replace the lashes on their lash tray to help them keep their shape
What can you not do with Express lashes?
Here are 6 things to avoid doing to keep your Express lashes looking full and fluffy:
- Don’t get your lashes wet for the first 24 hours, and avoid steam, saunas and swimming until 48 hours after your treatment
- Try not to touch or rub your eye area, it can transfer oil and bacteria on to your lashes
- Take care when cleansing that you don’t manipulate your lashes into different positions
- Aim to avoid sleeping on your front or side, so your lashes don’t get disturbed
- Avoid lash curlers, they can be harsh on your natural lashes
- Stay away from oil-based make-up or remover. Our aftercare range offers some simple water-based alternatives
For a simple aftercare routine for ultimate eyes, every day, shop our 3 Step Lash Care System.
Best Selling Aftercare Products
Other Related Articles