Training Confirmation Terms & Conditions
WHAT YOUR TRAINING WILL INVOLVE
FOUNDATION THEORY MANUAL & EXAM
The Foundation Theory Manual has been designed as the perfect introduction to Nouveau Lashes and you will receive this in the post in the next few days. You must read this Foundation Theory Manual thoroughly prior to attending your training via webinar or in-class and you must complete the exam which is linked to your confirmation email. This is not included or required with advanced courses.
For courses which deliver the theory online via a webinar, you are asked to ensure you are on time for your session, have your video on where possible and reduce any distractions from the session.
Courses hosted on the online learning platform, NouAcademy, will be accessible for the time period specified when booking. Failure to complete the course in the time specified will result in your access to the online course being closed. You will receive login details as soon as the booking has been processed. You can access the online courses via PC or tablet. You must have internet to allow you to access the course content. For courses that include academy days or case studies you must complete all modules prior to moving onto the next steps in your journey, failure to complete may result in cancelation of the academy day and an additional charge to re-book. Case study uploads must be completed via the online learning platform within the timeframes specified for your course.
You are required to provide a different email address per booked therapist, As the certificate will be sent to the email address provided the Account Manager will be responsible for retrieving this from their therapists.
An assessment of your practical skills will be carried out when you attend the in-class training if this element applies to your booking. You will be required to bring a model.
Please note: a conversion package or advanced course does not include a practical assessment day. If you want to attend training in our academy you will need to choose an alternative package.
If the trainer feels that you need additional help to meet the required standards, they may request that you complete additional assessments and / or retake a class.
CERTIFICATE OF QUALIFICATION
On successful completion of your practical assessment (and any related case studies, if required) we will provide you with a certificate as evidence of your lash skills. You will receive your certificate via post within 28 days of completing your course. (please note: if your salon booked/paid for your training it will be posted to the salon) If you need a pass note so that you can obtain insurance whilst you wait for your certificate to arrive, please contact your Customer Specialist. For all courses completed via the online learning platform, NouAcademy, you will receive a downloadable digital certificate.
CONVERSION & ADVANCED COURSES
These are an upskill of your previous qualification and you must already hold a certificate to perform treatments and gain insurance.
For Conversion Courses, by providing a copy of your certificate it is verification that you have previously attended training, carried out the practical assessment and are qualified to perform the treatment. If you are unable to provide a copy of your certificate you will need to choose an alternative package.
For Advanced Courses, you must self-certify.
For insurance purposes, individuals who are under the age of 18 are not allowed to train with us.
Please note: A stand-alone Nouveau Lashes conversion certificate will not cover you for insurance purposes.
WHAT TO BRING
During your practical training, you will be performing a professional service so suitable salon attire must be worn. If you do not have salon attire, please ensure that you wear smart, dark coloured trousers and top. If you have long hair, please ensure that it is tied up. You should also wear flat, closed-toe shoes.
GLASSES OR CONTACT LENSES
If you need to wear glasses for close-up work or reading, please have them with you (for the theory element and the practical assessment). If you wear contact lenses, they will need to be removed for any lash treatments. Please bring suitable materials for this; we cannot supply solutions or storage for contact lenses.
Please bring a camera to each in-class training day to enable you to take before and after photographs. The photographs are valuable evidence for your portfolio. A mobile phone can be used for photos during the training.
HYGIEND AND PPE
Additional cleaning and sanitising products have been introduced in all venues. We kindly ask that students arrive at training wearing a face covering (unless exempt based on government guidelines) and the procedures are followed to ensure that our students and staff make every effort to maintain the highest standards of hygiene in our workplaces. If any cleaning and sanitising products need to be replenished please contact our front of house who will be happy to assist.
PPE is compulsory for doing invasive treatments, essential PPE will be supplied in order to perform treatments
SUITABILITY FOR TREATMENTS
If your model has a medical condition, is pregnant, breastfeeding, under the age of 18, had any reaction to the patch test (if training in LVL) or taking any medication that may affect them during your training, please contact your Customer Specialist immediately. They may be unable to have any lash treatments as part of your training and alternative models may need to be arranged.
Please Note: If COVID-19 government guidelines do not permit the use of models on the date of your practical training, you will not be able to attend until a later date when models are permitted.
LVL PATCH TEST
If you are attending LVL training, your model will need to carry out a patch test. This will be posted to you and will contain full instructions. Please ensure that you fill in your model’s details on the patch test card and bring this with you to your practical assessment training. This should be carried out prior to the LVL treatment and be applied for at least 48 hours. Please contact your Customer Specialist immediately if your model encounters a reaction.
Refreshments will be provided throughout your academy training course. If your academy training is over a full day, you will be required to bring your own lunch.
PRE-WEBINAR TRAINING CHECKLIST
Please arrive on time; the webinar waiting room opens 15 minutes prior to training (please read your confirmation email as this varies for each academy). Please contact us if you are running late.
PRE-PRACTICAL TRAINING CHECKLIST
Here is a quick reference list of things to remember when attending training:
- You will be asked to bring a model for your practical training.
- It is vital that your model refrains from wearing waterproof mascara or lash extensions on the day of training.
- Please bring your Foundation manual and training manual to make notes and refer to.
- For an LVL treatment, bring your models Patch Test Card.
- Please arrive on time; the webinar waiting room opens 15 minutes prior to training and registration for your practical opens 15 minutes before the in-class training begins (please read your confirmation email as this varies for each academy). Please contact us if you are running late.
- Wear suitable salon attire, or smart, dark-coloured clothing and wear flat, closed-toe shoes.
- Ensure that your hair is tied up and secured away from your face.
- Bring glasses or contact lenses if you require them to see clearly; to watch a theory presentation and perform the treatment. If you wear contact lenses, they will need to be removed for any lash treatments. Please bring suitable materials for this; we cannot supply solutions or storage for contact lenses.
- Bring a camera/phone.
If your course includes a kit, this will be dispatched on standard delivery (3-5 working days) at the time of booking when paid in full. Please note you are not qualified to use the products until you have completed your practical training.
PURCHASING PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS
- You will be required to start your learning journey within 6 months of receipt of your registration fee.
- All bookings will permit a 14-day cooling off period, whereby if you change your mind, you can contact us to arrange a refund of payment made.
- If you are booked onto a digital training course, accessing the online platform, NouEducate, will waiver any rights to a refund. Please do not access the online platform for the first 14 days if you would like to exercise your right to cancel.
- If a booking is cancelled, kits must be returned unopened. Please visit here to see more info regarding returns.
- Refunds will not be granted if cancellation is less than 14 days prior to the scheduled training date, nor if a training date has been previously amended.
- Please note that after the 14-day cooling off period, your booking/package and kit is non-refundable, this does not affect your statutory rights.
- If you are unable to attend the course for any reason, we will be unable to provide a refund. Failure to attend any study or practical course that is booked individually or is included as part of a package will also be forfeited. The course can be re- booked at the current market rate.
- If you wish to change the date of your training, a £50 administration fee will be charged.
- If you are prone to illness, suffer repeated illness or have an on-going medical complaint, which may affect your ability to attend a course, we recommend you take out adequate insurance to cover any loss.
- If you are unable to attend the training day but have another member of staff who is able to attend, please contact us to make the necessary arrangements (this will incur a £50 administration fee).
- If you are attending practical training within 14 days of visiting from a country which is not on the Government exemption list, you must rearrange at least 48hrs prior to the event. Evidence of your entry into the UK must be provided.
- Please note packages are non refundable or transferable where any element of the training has been carried out.
- Nouveau HD Beauty Group Limited will make every effort to accommodate your requirements; however, priority will be given to existing confirmed bookings.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, inclement weather, road accidents and other force majeure, it may be necessary to cancel, postpone or suspend all or part of any training. Although every effort will be made to ensure all booked training courses are run, in the event that the company is forced to cancel any course we will endeavour to reschedule at a mutually agreeable time. For reasons that are beyond our control the company will not be held responsible for any additional expense incurred by students as a result of cancellations.
If you are deemed unwell upon arrival, we reserve the right to refuse you entry to training. You will need to contact your Customer Specialist to be booked back on to training, free of charge, at the earliest opportunity.
By booking with Nouveau HD Beauty Group Limited, it is deemed that you have read and understood the above terms and conditions, that you agree to be bound by them and wish to undertake Nouveau Lashes training modules with Nouveau HD Beauty Group Limited.
If you have any questions regarding your booking or your upcoming training, please call us on 01977 655620. Lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.