SVS & Russian Volume Lashes Aftercare
Our SVS lashes offer you speed, volume and style for fuller, fabulous lashes. Whether you have natural volume or full glamour, our aftercare tips will help your lash extensions last longer and maintain their beautiful, fluffy appearance.
After your treatment, we recommend infills every 3-4 weeks because your natural lashes are constantly shedding – we lose around 2-5 natural lashes every day. Infills are a maintenance treatment to add extra fans to the places where your natural lashes are further through their lifecycle, keeping your volume lashes looking as full as possible.
How to look after your SVS and Russian Volume lashes in the first 24/48 hours after treatment
For the first 24 hours after treatment, make sure your SVS and Russian Volume lashes don’t get wet and avoid any steam, swimming, or hot water until 48 hours after your treatment. Remember this even includes heat from the oven or steam from the kettle. It’s essential for keeping your unique style while your lashes lock into place. For a burst of hydration that will help condition and care for your volume lash extensions in the first 24 hours, spritz our Replenishing Lash & Eye Mist over your lashes and the complete eye area.
What aftercare products can I use with volume lashes?
For volume lash extensions, you should avoid using skincare or products with oil as it can cause your lash extensions to fall out. Our 3-Step Lash Care System includes a range of aftercare products designed to work in harmony with your lash extensions. For cleansing, our Prebiotic Eye Make-Up Remover Gel is packed full of powerful prebiotics and the oil-free, gel formula glides over lash extensions without tugging on the adhesive bonds. Our Replenishing Lash & Eye Mist is infused with conditioning agents and an anti-ageing complex which delivers thousands of moisture-replenishing droplets with every spritz, without weighing down or compromising the bonds of your fluttery volume lash extensions. To finish, you can amplify your lashes with our Triple Enhance Lash Serum, designed to help your natural lashes achieve a longer, fuller look.
Can I get my SVS and Russian Volume lashes wet?
After the first 24 hours you can get your lashes wet. For the first two days after your SVS and Russian Volume treatment, you should avoid all steam, saunas and swimming. This is because it can take up to 48 hours for the adhesive to fully set.
After that, it’s completely safe, just remember to pat your lashes dry with a towel or tissue and gently brush with a mascara wand. This will let your volume extensions dry naturally and allow the fans to open again.
How do I clean volume lashes?
To clean your lashes, we recommend using our Lash & Lid Foaming Cleanser regularly, at least 2-3 times a week or daily if you wear eye make-up. For best results, follow these steps:
- Wash and rinse your hands
- Pump a small amount of foaming cleanser onto the back of your hand
- Using a Lash Cleansing Brush, gently work the product through the lashes from root to tip
- Gently rinse your lashes with clean water
- Pat dry with a towel and brush gently with a mascara wand
- Then allow lashes to dry naturally
What can you not do with SVS and Russian Volume lashes?
Here are 6 things to avoid doing to keep your SVS and Russian Volume lashes looking full and fluffy:
- Don’t get your lashes wet for the first 24 hours, and avoid steam, saunas and swimming until 48 hours after your treatment
- Try not to touch or rub your eye area, as it can damage the bonds and transfer oil and bacteria on to your lashes
- Take care when cleansing that you don’t manipulate your lashes into different positions
- Aim to avoid sleeping on your front or side, so your lashes don’t get disturbed
- Avoid lash curlers because they can be harsh on your natural lashes and apply too much pressure near the adhesive bonds. With SVS and Russian Volume, you won’t need them anyway
- Stay away from oil-based make-up or remover. This includes conditioning serums as they could encourage your fine fan lashes to stick together and can affect the bonds in the glue that’s used to apply your lash extensions. Our aftercare range offers some simple water-based alternatives and our our Triple Enhance Lash Serum is designed to be applied directly to the lash line instead of the lashes
For a simple aftercare routine for ultimate eyes, every day, shop our 3 Step Lash Care System.